Wednesday 24 April 2013

Question 4: Who would be the audience for your media product?


Given the fact that my film is based around the Action, Thriller and Science Fiction genres, I would target people who are roughly between the ages of 16 and 25. My reasoning for this is that people of between these ages visit cinemas more often that people of any other age, which also links in with my choice of target gender - Male. generally Males visit cinemas more often than females, and therefore it would make sense to tailor my film for and gear it towards Males rather than females, as there would be more potential revenue from this gender. Because my film is in english, the nationality of the audience is fairly elastic, as a high proportion of the world population speak fluent english which benefits me greatly, as again the potential revenue of my film will be higher than a film in italian, for example. I would suggest that people who would enjoy my film would be the kinds of people who visit smaller independent cinemas and who regularly attend film festivals and have a fairly high expertise of independent film rather than people who visit multiplex cinemas, as my film is nowhere near the quality of box office hits such as "Avatar" or "Skyfall".


I know that my film is very niche, and therefore will not attract the mass audiences that films such as "Skyfall" did.






No comments:

Post a Comment