Friday 19 April 2013

Question 3: What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?


My film is based on three genre's, as you will have found out in my answer to question one, perhaps the most noticeable of the three is science fiction, which is why I have identified "Hammer Films" as my production company as they have experience producing not only science fiction films, but also thriller films, which is another of my focus genre's. Below are a few examples of thriller films produced by Hammer Films.
Nightmare (1964).
Hysteria (1965).
Fear in the Night (1972).

The Curse of Frankenstein was a horror/ science fiction film produced by Hammer Films.




I have chosen Entertainment Films as my distributor, purely because they have a lot of experience with the distribution of science fiction films. "DREDD", "Apollo 18" and "Mutant Chronicles" are some examples of films distributed by Entertainment Films.

Fig 1. "Apollo 18" Official Film Trailer.





My film could be released in smaller, independent cinemas, and it could be made available to watch either on youtube or as a digital download on one of many other video sharing websites.











No comments:

Post a Comment